If you’re still figuring out what to make for dessert for Thanksgiving dinner, or if you’re looking for a dessert that’s a little different for your upcoming holiday dinners, this Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake is a great choice. The rich cheesecake is smooth, creamy and has a great, subtle cappuccino flavor that isn’t too overwhelming. The flavor intensifies over time, so make the cheesecake a day before you need it to allow the flavors to meld.
You can make this in a springform pan, or in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tbl. butter, melted
- 3 tbl. sugar
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 2 tbl. whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur, like Kahlua
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbl. coffee flavored liquor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 or 10 inch springform pan (or 9 x 13 inch pan).
- Combine the chocolate cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Mix well and press into the prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth, add 1 cup sugar and mix until blended. Add the eggs one at a time on low speed until smooth.
- Use a double boiler set over simmering (not boiling) water to melt 8 oz. semisweet chocolate with 2 tbl. whipping cream.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the cream cheese and slowly mix until blended. Add the sour cream, salt, coffee, coffee liqueur and vanilla. Mix until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the center just slightly jiggles. While the cheesecake is baking, combine the sour cream, sugar and coffee flavored liquor. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and carefully spread the sour cream mixture over the top. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven with the heat turned off and the door ajar for about an hour. Remove cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before eating.