Boomer and I are finally home after traveling for a few weeks to visit family. I came down with a bad cold the day I left home to start my trip (ugh) but we still had a great time catching up with family and Boom had lots of fun playing with his canine cousins.
I’m still getting over my cold and decided that a quick batch of tasty soup was in order. This creamy soup definitely falls under the ‘comfort food’ category for me, but unlike most comfort foods it’s actually on the healthy side which makes it even better!
Always optimistic that I’ll walk away and leave a plate of food within his reach :)
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tbl. butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 gold potatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, add the shallots and onion and cook for a few minutes until slightly softened. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the potato, garlic and vegetable broth, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer with the pot covered for about 8 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Stir in the mustard and cheese.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the soup. If the soup is too thick you can slowly add additional broth. Season with salt as needed.