In my hometown where I grew up, there used to be a lunch spot that had the most amazing sandwiches, soups and baked goods. One of the items on their menu was a grilled fluffernutter sandwich, it was one of those things I always drooled over but never actually ordered. The restaurant went out of business a few years ago, before I ever got the chance to try their fluffernutter sandwich. Since then, I’ve come to realize that you should never turn down the option to eat something with fluffernutter in the name!
These blondies are loaded with mini Reese’s cups and peanut butter with swirls of marshmallow cream- basically everything you could hope to have in a blondie. Be warned though, they are pretty rich, so cut small pieces!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. bag Mini-Reeses
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the baking soda, salt and flour together until combined, then set aside.
- Cream butter and peanut butter together in a mixer, then add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the bottom of a pan then drop the marshmallow cream in tablespoon sized dollops over the surface. Use a knife to swirl into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the side comes out clean, don’t overbake. Allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy!