Occasionally I’ll try a recipe and instantly know that it’s something that I’ll be making again many, many times. This is definitely one of those recipes. I love egg salad but always cringe when thinking about all the mayo that’s mixed in to give it the creamy texture. Instead of mayo, this recipe uses plain Greek yogurt and avocado so it’s still creamy, but also much healthier. The end result is something that tastes like a combination of egg salad and guacamole, basically, it’s delicious!
I ate this with some pita chips, you could also serve as filling in a sandwich or just eat it with a spoon!
Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 8 eggs, hardboiled and cooled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bread or pita chips to serve
- Use a fork to lightly mash the avocados in a medium-sized bowl. Peel the hardboiled eggs, coarsely chop them then add to the bowl with the avocado. Also add the celery and onion then stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the egg salad with bread, pita chips or crackers. Store leftovers in the fridge with a piece of plastic wrapped pressed against the surface to minimize browning of the avocado. Enjoy!