Earlier this summer I attended a potluck with some coworkers. I had planned to make a tart, but my defective oven turned the tart crust to charcoal and I had to quickly improvise a new dessert plan that didn’t involve an extra trip to the store. Luckily I had everything I needed to make these tasty cookies and they were a total hit at the potluck.
I love all things peanut butter, and peanut butter cookies are certainly no exception. Some chocolate chips and a sprinkle of sea salt tops these chewy cookies off perfectly!
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- course ground salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream the putter and peanut butter on medium high for one minute. Add the sugars and beat for another minute until fluffy. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed butter mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with course ground sea salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.