The Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks are always one of my favorite holiday treats. There is a Starbucks where I live (sad!) so I decided I needed to make these for myself this year! If you haven’t tried these bars before, it’s a brown sugar flavored blondie with cranberries and white chocolate mixed in. On top is a cream cheese frosting with a few more cranberries, a drizzle of white chocolate and a hint of orange zest. The white chocolate, tart cranberries and creamy frosting are a perfect combination.
This recipe came together in no time and tastes very similar to the bars from Starbucks. I loved the soft and chewy blondie portion of this recipe, I think it would make a great base for a variety of different mix-ins and frostings. I definitely plan to experiment with it more in the future. I made the full recipes in a 9 x 13 inch pan but you could certainly cut the recipe in half and bake it in an 8 x 8 inch pan if you’d like a smaller size.
Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 oz. white chocolate, chopped (or white chocolate chips)
- 6 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tbl. heavy cream, warm
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- zest from 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray
- Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar then set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. While the butter is cooling, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- When the butter and brown sugar mixture has cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, the batter will be thick. Add the cranberries and white chocolate.
- Press the batter into an even layer in the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, melt the white chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly. While it cools, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixer. Beat until smooth and slightly fluffy. Add approximately half of the melted white chocolate and mix until combined. Spread the frosting in an even layer over the cooled bars. Sprinkle with the chopped cranberries and orange zest. Mix the warm cream with the remaining white chocolate to thin the chocolate, then drizzle over the bars.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator.