Yesterday was Oreo’s 100th birthday and to celebrate they came out with a Birthday Cake flavored Oreo which tastes a bit like a regular Oreo mixed with Funfetti Cake batter- basically, it’s delicious. Of course I had to buy a package to see what they were like, but I knew it would be dangerous to have a package of opened Oreos sitting around the house, so I decided to bake them into some brownies. These dense, chocolatey brownies would be delicious with or without Oreos, but the addition of Birthday Cake Oreos makes them extra good!
If you can’t find the Birthday Cake Oreos feel free to use the regular kind, the brownies will be delicious either way!
- 1 cup dutch-process cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbl. vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 cup flour
- 20 Birthday Cake Oreos (or regular Oreos), coarsely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once fully melted, stir in the sugar and continue heating for 1-2 minutes until hot.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cocoa mixture followed by the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour and stir until smooth, then add the chopped Oreos.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes until the edges are set but the center still looks soft.
Source: Bake at 350