I’m a huge fan of pretty much anything that involves Biscoff Spread. I’ve finally got to the point where I don’t even buy the stuff unless I have plans to bake with it. An open jar in my cupboard is way too tempting for me and I end swiping spoonfuls straight out of the jar. One of the (many) great things about Biscoff Spread is that its consistency is very similar to peanut butter. I’ve subbed Biscoff in place of peanut butter in a few different recipes with great results.
This has always been one of my favorite cookies when made with peanut butter, but naturally I like it even more with Biscoff! The cookie is soft and chewy and the Biscoff flavor really shines through. You can certainly eat these cookies on their own, or you can add a smear of Biscoff in-between two cookies to make a sandwich cookie.
If you haven’t had Biscoff Spread before, it has a peanut butter-like texture but tastes like cinnamon. It’s absolutely divine. For a while, I had to order it online from Amazon, but recently I found it at our local Wal-Mart right next to the peanut butter and Nutella.
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Biscoff Spread
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cook oats
- Addition Biscoff spread as filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter, Biscoff Spread, sugar and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla extract then blend to combine. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined, then add the oats.
- Use a small cookie dough scoop (about 2 tsp.) to portion out the dough onto a cookie sheet then bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will be lightly brown and still slightly puffy. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Make into sandwich cookies with additional Biscoff Spread, or enjoy them on their own!
Adapted from All Recipes