This is a recipe I’ve made dozens of times since I first tried these cookies a few years ago. They may not be the most visually impressive cookies out there, but the taste is incredible. Being ‘Cookies ‘n Cream Cookies’, of course they have pieces of chopped up Oreos in them. But there’s more, there are also chunks of Cookies ‘n Cream candy bars and some Oreo instant pudding mix that gives these a wonderfully soft texture. Naturally I’ve tried this recipes with the flavored Oreos, which is delicious, but the original Oreos are sill my favorite for this recipe.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 (4.2 ounce) package instant Oreo Pudding mix
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Hershey’s Cookies N Cream Candy Bars broken into small pieces
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars, add the pudding mix and stir until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, then gradually add to the batter. Stir in the Cookies 'n Cream candy pieces and chopped Oreos. The batter will be thick.
- Use a small to medium sized scoop to place the dough on a baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, be very careful not to overbake. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything