I’ve never been a big popcorn eater, I’ll munch on some caramel corn if it’s around, but in general it’s not the kind of thing I crave. This Christmas I was making some goodies for my Secret Santa and she mentioned that she loved popcorn. I was at a bit of a loss on what to make using popcorn, so I searched around online and found this great recipe for Peppermint Cookies & Cream Popcorn. I already had a few peppermint flavored items that I was making for her, so I decided to go the straight Cookies ‘n Cream route for this batch.
And… even as someone who’s not a popcorn fanatic, I have to say it was pretty darn good! When I couldn’t get the entire batch to fit in her care package, I was more than happy to polish off the rest on my own!
- 2 bags microwaved popcorn, plain or lightly salted variety
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1½ packs (36 oz. total) Almond Bark
- Place the popped popcorn in a very large bowl, picking out un-popped kernels. Pour the crushed Oreos on top.
- Melt one pack of almond bark according to the directions on the package. Pour over the popcorn and start melting the remaining almond bark. While its melting, stir together the popcorn, crushed Oreo's and almond bark. Pour the remaining almond bark over the popcorn and stir until fully coated.
- Pour popcorn in a thin layer on wax paper and allow to cool and harden. Then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Plain Chicken