I always forget how good home-made salad dressing is. When I’m at the grocery it seems easier to just buy a bottle of dressing, but in reality dressing is easy to make and it tastes so much better when you make it at home. This mustard vinaigrette is light and flavorful and really delicious with the Parmesan and apples.
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbl. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 to 8 ounces salad greens (I used half lettuce, half spinach)
- 2 apples (Gala, Fuji or Honey Crisp) cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicon baking sheet or parchment paper. Combine the Parmesan and pepper in a bowl and use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet. Slightly flatten each mound of Parmesan to make a thin round. Bake for 2-3 minutes until the crisps are melted and golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing with a metal spatula.
- To make the dressing, combine the mustard, vinegar and honey. Whisk in the olive oil until combined then add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, apples and enough dressing to lightly coat the lettuce. Serve with the Parmesan crisps and the remaining dressing.
Source Kitchen Boss