listening to Blues Run the Game by Simon & Garfunkel
1. This morning I’m on a plane headed to Belize! We’re going on a 10 day trip and will be dividing our time between the jungle and the beach. It has been in the single digits at home this week, so I’m definitely looking forward to the sun.
2. I love looking through these photos from the National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year Contest. There are so many great photos in there, I especially love this one of the puffin.
3. Have you ever debated the environmental benefits of a real tree vs. a fake one? I was happy to see that the real ones win out! I didn’t get a tree this year, but I did pick up a wreath and a few other holiday decorations.
4. I did a ton of baking last weekend so I could send treats off to a bake sale the dog rescue was doing. I made a few classics (these ginger sandwich cookies are always requested) and a few new treats as well. I was planning to share a couple of entree recipes with you all between now and Christmas, but there are just too many good desserts that I want to share. So, from now until Christmas it’s all cookies and treats!
5. I started watching This Is Us last weekend and I’m completely hooked. I can’t believe it took me this long to start that show! It perfectly fills the void by Parenthood.