I think Oreos are one of those ingredients that you can put in just about any dessert and it’ll turn out delicious. I’ve used them in brownies, cookies and cheesecakes but this was my first time using Oreos in truffles.
I wanted to make something green and St. Patty’s Day themed so I used Mint Oreos for these and, as one would expect, the truffles are delicious! Bonus points that this whole recipe was ridiculously easy to throw together. I really wanted to dip these in mint chocolate chips, but I couldn’t find them anywhere. If you can find some I think that would up the mint flavor a bit and made these extra tasty.
- 3 cups Mint Oreo cookie crumbs (about 24 Oreos)
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, or white chocolate
- Topping ideas- sprinkles, additional ground Oreos, crushed Andes mints, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- Add the cookie crumbs and cream cheese to a mixer and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon sized balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Gently drop the truffles in the chocolate and use a fork to lift them out so the excess chocolate will drip off. Place on wax paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes