I moved into a new apartment a few weeks ago and I’m just starting to feel settled. I love the new place and can’t wait until all of the decorating is finished and it officially feels like home. Before the holidays I made a double batch of this delicious lasagna and stuck half of it in the freezer. It was so nice to pull it out of the freezer and pop it in the oven for a quick dinner last week. After way too many nights where dinner consisted of a handful of almonds and a Larabar, having an actual meal felt like a treat. Hopefully the kitchen will be fully organized so I can get back to cooking soon!
Packed with spinach and asparagus, this creamy, cheesy lasagna is a new favorite of mine. It’s especially delicious if you make a batch of Homemade Ricotta Cheese to use in the filling (which you definitely, definitely should do). I usually like to make this lasagna with the tomato sauce from the Spicy Kale Lasagna, but I’m not above using jarred sauce to make it a little easier to throw this meal together on a week night.
- 3 cups (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 8-10 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- ½ lbs. asparagus, in 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 9 in. baking dish. Layer noodles on the bottom of the pan, breaking up noodles if needed to make them fit. Spread half of the ricotta over the noodles followed by half of the mozzarella, spinach, and asparagus. Top with another layer of marinara, noodles, the rest of the ricotta, spinach, and asparagus. Layer the final noodles, the rest of the sauce, and the rest of the mozzarella over the top. (Your layers should be: sauce, noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, asparagus, marina, noodles, ricotta, spinach, asparagus,noodles, sauce, mozzarella)
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is beginning to brown. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top along with some fresh basil if desired.