I know summer is close to ending in many places, but it’s worth it to fit these cocktail-popsicles on to your menu before summer is officially over! This recipe comes together pretty quickly and they taste delicious. If you’re busy or unmotivated and don’t want to make your own homemade pudding, I’m sure you could make a small box of the instant vanilla pudding and use that instead. If you have popsicle molds that would work well, I made these in small, 3 oz, plastic cups which turned out fine too.
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups cold milk (I used nonfat, whole milk would make it creamier)
- 1 tbl. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 5 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Kahlua
- 2 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar, salt and milk in a blender or food processor and pulse until blended. You could also whisk by had if you'd rather, but be sure it's fully combined.
- Pour that mixture into a heat-proof bowl and place it over (not touching) a pot with simmering water. Cook and stir for about 15-20 minutes until it begins to thicken. Pudding is finished when it coats the back of a spoon. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's to the pudding and stir until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the mix into popsicle molds or small plastic cups and put in the freezer. Check the mixture after an hour or so to see if it's beginning to freeze and solidify, if it is add the popsicle sticks. Finish freezing the popsicles overnight. To release the popsicles from the mold, run warm water on the outside of the container for a few minutes.
Adapted from Endless Simmer