I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve made these bars, they’re always a huge hit. The combination of sweet and salty is one of my favorites, and these Toffee Club Bars have just the right ratio with the salty crackers, sweet toffee like filling, and smooth chocolate topping. In addition to being delicious, they are quick and easy to make too- you don’t even need to turn on the oven!
- Club crackers, about 1½ sleeves
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- Place a layer of Club crackers in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, white sugar, butter and milk in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour half of the mixture in the pan and add a layer of Club crackers. Pour the remaining graham cracker mixture on top, and then add one more layer of Club crackers. You should have three layers of Club crackers with two layers of the graham cracker mixture in between.
- In a double boiler, combine the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Stir occasionally until melted, then pour evenly over the top layer of Club crackers. Let the chocolate cool before cutting bars.
Source: All Recipes